Fantastic Film Forum
Day 1 – martedì 29 ottobre 2019
From film concept to distribution: a journey through development strategies, financing and audience creation
The workshop will be an intensive practice experience on the film development and distribution strategies on the international market: how to develop strategies to obtain financing, how to strengthen projects by working on weaker aspects and further developing strongpoints, how to create an audience and how to take advantage of the opportunities of new digital media for theatre distribution.
Tutor: Claudia Tosi – director and producer – Movimenta.
Max 15 participants.
Fees: 100€ (50€ for Sci-Fi PRO 2019 badge holders)
Programma della giornata:
- 10:00 – 13:00: Development and financing strategies basics; case study of the film The Perfect Circle
- 13:00 – 14:00: Lunch break
- 14:00 – 18:00: Practice exercises. SWOT analysis of some of the projects by the participants with the goal of identifying strongpoints and weaknesses and developing effective development and distribution strategies. Informal pitching with general discussion to identify critical aspects, exchange ideas and suggest improvements.
- B2B strategies (Business to Business): project development ans meeting with Decision Makers.
- B2C strategies (Business to Consumer): how to identify and reach the end user.
- The international market and its opportunities: festivals, training programs, pitching forums.
- Digital tools for audience creation: social media & mailing list.
- Do-it-yourself or traditional distribution?
- Having a deep knowledge of your project and how to present it.
- Pitching forums, international co-productions and the international TV market.
Having a project at the development stage we can talk about is strongly suggested (but not compulsory). Any kind of project is accepted, regardless of genre or type (feature length, short films, documentaries…) but it must be an audiovisual project.
The participants who do not bring their own project will work on the other participants’ projects. Those who wish to present a project must send the finance plan and a document of max 2 pages (in Italian or English) listing:
- Synopsis (max 15 lines)
- Max 15 lines explaining the project’s intent (massimo 15 righe)
- Any necessary historic contextualization (max 10 lines)
- Any additional notes
These must be sent by Monday, October 7th at the latest to the following email address: email@example.com
Claudia Tosi was born in Modena in 1970. She graduated in philosophy at Bologna University. Since 1998 she has been working in TV programmes and advertising and in 2003 she starts working as director and producer of documentary films. In 2004 she founded the Movimenta production company, promoting and realizing documentaries with international co-productions. Claudia participated to EAVE training in 2011, EURODOC in 2012, IDFA Summer LAB in 2014, Berlinale Talents (Doc Station) in 2015 and to EWA Multiple Revenue Stream Training Program in 2016.
Among her best projects: I Had a Dream (Ita/Fra, 2018 – 55’ e 80’), winner of the Golden Dove in DokLeipzig 2018; The Perfect Circle (Ita/Slo/NL/UK, 2015 – 55’ e 75’); Mostar United (Ita/Slo, 2009 – 55’ e 75’); Building the Winter Games (Ita, 2007 – 3×46’); Private fragments of Bosnia (Ita, 2004 – 52’).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
You may register to one only or both workshops on the Trieste Science+Fiction Festival official page on Eventival. Sci-Fi Pro badge holders exclusively access to the two Fantastic Film Forum workshops will be 50% off