Fantastic Film Forum
Day 2 – Wednesday , October 30th — 14:00 / 18:00
How to set up an international co-production
The workshop will offer practical tools to develop an international co-production project: identifying the main professionals in the field and their potential, choosing the best ones to contact and how, drawing up a financing plan and selling the project in the most effective way. A practical introduction to the successful sale of an audiovisual project, from the standpoint of thise who select and acquire projects professionally.
Tutor: Dario Vecchiato – Head of Acquisitions, Gapbusters (Belgium)
Max 20 participants.
Fees: 50€ (25€ for Sci-Fi PRO badge holders)
- How are the film industry and its maket structured and organized: producers, distributors, funding, sales agents
- How, when and what to pitch the sales agent or producer and in what way. The importance of pitching
- International film funding: how to draw up a financing plan. Practical examples
- Production timings: from screenplay to premiere, through funding and production
- Practice exercises: participants will present a financing plan and the feasible market niche
Bringing a project in an intermediate stage is strongli recommended (but not compulsory). Any kind of project will be accepted regardless of genre and type (feature length films, short films, documentaries, etc…) as long as audiovisual in nature. Participants not bringing a project will be grouped with others who do for exercises.
After stusying in Stuttgart’s Filmakademie Ludwigsburg and in Paris’ La Femis, he moves to France where he works as Head of Acquisitions for Rezo International and Indie Sales, both sales agents based in Paris. He is currently Head of Acquisitions at Gapbusters, Belgian production company dealing with high budget international co-productions.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
You may register to one only or both workshops on the Trieste Science+Fiction Festival official page on Eventival. Sci-Fi Pro badge holders exclusively access to the two Fantastic Film Forum workshops will be 50% off