The twenty-first edition of the Trieste Science + Fiction Festival, the most important Italian event dedicated to science fiction and the wonders of what is possible, organized and promoted by the La Cappella Underground film and audiovisual research and experimentation center, will be held from 27 October to 3 November 2021.
“The 21st edition of TS + FF is designed to take place with a hybrid formula, in presence and online – declares Daniele Terzoli, president of La Cappella Underground – with the return of the public in presence in the traditional venues of the festival but also open to participation on the web, after the virtual experience of last year that led to a decisive expansion of the fanbase on a national scale: a festival for the 21st century, designed according to a “smart” model, conceived as a function of the new everyday life and the digital world , built on an idea of sustainability and designed to meet the needs of all spectators. “”
The Trieste Science + Fiction Festival, with the confirmation of the partnership with MYmovies, will in fact take place again this year in a hybrid edition, with online and live participation methods in four different rooms: the hall of Politeama Rossetti (with an audience 960 seats), the Miela Theater and the Ariston Cinema in Trieste, and the virtual room of MYmovies, the leading Italian site in film information.
REGISTRATION OPEN FOR THE TRIESTE SCIENCE + FICTION FESTIVAL 2021
The selections for the films and works submitted to the sections in competition are open and will close on 31 August 2021. The regulations and registration procedures for the 2021 edition are published on the festival website www.sciencefictionfestival.org, and is You can register your work through the FilmFreeWay platform available at this link: .
The Trieste Science + Fiction Festival is divided into the following sections:
- Asteroide Award, international competition for science-fiction and fantasy films;
- Méliès d’argent Award, competition for the best European feature film of the fantastic genre;
- Méliès d’argent Award, competition for the best European short film of the fantastic genre;
- Spazio Italia, a selection of Italian works of a fantastic genre;
- Retrospectives, special programs and career awards;
- Previews and special events.
- Fantastic Film Forum, industry section for professionals in the sector.